Declaring Financial Independence
Celebrating Financial Independence
Check in with the Joneses to see what it would take for the average American family to achieve financial independence. What does financial independence mean for you? Here are few tips to help you get started.
· Clarify your values and goals. What would financial independence look like? Use this resource guide for setting goals and mapping out where you want to be in the future.
· Talk to your partner and family about what they value, and what independence would mean to them.
· Get serious about your savings goals and debt reduction goals. Then evaluate your options, based on the type of debt.
· Examine your relationships. Are you keeping up with the Joneses, and are the Joneses headed for financial freedom, or the opposite?
· Find a role model. Study people who have clarified their values and changed their lifestyles to make their money serve them, instead of the other way around.
· Calculate the life hours you spend working, paying unnecessary bills, or servicing debt. Is all that time worth it?